With Mags and the RPG Buffet. These are the games we missed last year, either due to technical or other issues. Deryni, Monkey Ninja Pirate Robot, Geist: The Sin Eaters, and CthulhuTech.
With Deryni, we did grilled lamb. No special recipe as such, but we did butterfly it! See here.
For Monkey Ninja Pirate Robot, we threw Misty a tea party, because (a) she was the GM, and (b) she loves tea! Assorted finger food were served, but the star of the show was the assortment of teas we prepared.
How to make the perfect cuppa
How to make the perfect cup of green tea
How to make the perfect cup of jasmine tea
Geist was chili night! Here's Mags's White Chili recipe:
1 lb large white beans, soaked overnight in water, drained
6 cups chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium onions, chopped (divided)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 4-ounce cans chopped green chilies
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 cups diced cooked chicken
3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, chopped (optional)
1. Combine beans, chicken broth, garlic and half the onions in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until beans are very soft, 3 hours or more. Add additional water (or watered-down broth), if necessary.
2. In a skillet, sauté remaining onions in oil until tender. Add chilies and seasonings and mix thoroughly. Add to bean mixture. Add chicken and continue to simmer 1 hour. Check seasoning, add jalapeno or serrano to level of desired hotness.
3. Serve topped with grated cheese. Garnish with cilantro, chopped fresh tomato, salsa, chopped scallions, and/or guacamole. Serve with fresh warmed flour tortillas or tortilla chips.
Finally, Mags made Quick Beef Stew for Cthulhu Tech:
2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 package McCormick® Beef Stew Seasoning
3 cups water
1 bag (24 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew OR 5 cups cut up vegetables
1. Coat beef with flour. Heat oil in large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sirloin cubes and sauté until browned. Drain.
2. Add seasoning, water, and vegetables and stir well. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Makes 8 servings
Download 64kbps mp3 (30.1 MB)
Deryni Adventure Game (Grey Ghost Games)
Katherine Kurtz Official Website
Codex Deryianus (Barnes and Noble)
Monkey Ninja Pirate Robot (Atomic Sock Monkey Press)
Monkey Ninja Pirate Robot Board Game (Atomic Sock Monkey Press)
Geist: The Sin-Eaters (White Wolf)
Geist Quickstart (DriveThruRPG)
Editions of Dungeons and Dragons (Wikipedia)
Wandering Geek Podcast
Sound of Young America
Role Playing Public Radio
The Bears Grove
The Podge Cast